2021 Eromit AIRcademy Pool Schedule (full schedule will be posted closer to opening date)
More events/sessions may be added as interest allows. ALL PRACTICES RUN RAIN or SHINE except during Lightning conditions.
We will open mid-May by appointment for group and individual lessons. Book HERE
Lessons and Practice Times
*** For this season, Online booking will open on the 15th of each month for the next month. We are currently booking for MAY. We will only allow booking one month in advance to allow for adaptations to ongoing covid-protocols/regulations.
Tuesday 10-11 am- Fit Pets Beginner Agility (tentative)
1-3pm – private lesson slots available for dog, agility, fitness or retriever training
5:30-6:30- Beginner Dock Diving Class (max 4)
6:45-7:45- Advanced Dock Diving Class (max 4)
Wednesday 5:30-6:30- Advanced Dock Diving Lesson – (max 4)
6:45-7:45 – Beginner Dock Diving Class (max 4)
Thursday 6-7 pm -Advanced Agility Class (FULL)
Friday – 5-6 pm – Practice (4 dogs)
6:15-7:15 – Practice (4 dogs)
North America Diving Dogs competitions- 2021 NADD competitions will be held on the following dates
(register early at the www.northamericadivingdogs.com website)
June 18-20th- Season Opener and National Qualifier
July 9-11th- Summer Splash
July 30-August 1st Hydrodash/Air Retrieve Specialty
August 6-8th- The Western Cup Challenge
Click HERE for event details, rules, and entry forms. Compete to earn personal bests, ribbons and titles (recognizable by the Canadian and American Kennel Clubs) or to qualify for the regional championships!
- Dogs entering the pool need to have appropriately trimmed nails for their own safety, and for the protection of the dock and pool. Please also ensure your dog is not shedding profusely to prevent clogging filters with dog hair. DOGS WITH EXTRA LONG NAILS OR CLUMPY FUR MAY NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE POOL.
- Forcing your dog into the pool is prohibited. Dogs must willingly enter the pool on their own. No pushing allowed!
- No food treats in the pool.
- Dogs must be kept on leash except when on the dock and in the pool. Safety is our top priority- many dogs who compete in dock diving are not dog friendly!!! Dog to dog contact is not permitted in the pool area. This is a high adrenaline sport so at least 2 leash lengths away from any other dogs is advised for safety. Please also keep your dog away from the pool while observing so as not to be a disruption to the working dog.
- Please prevent your dog from marking on the pool or on any part of the dock. Pottying in the agility field is also prohibited.
- Social Distancing at all times. Sorry, no spectators are permitted at this time.
What To Bring:
- a crate for your dog for between turns, shade if required depending on weather.
- a bowl and water for your pooch (keep that athlete hydrated!)
- your dogs favorite floating toy- no real animals (dead or alive)- and nothing that will break down in the pool (food dispensing toys aren’t suitable)
- a standard leash no more than 4-6 feet long (no flexi leashes) and a flat buckle collar. Ecollars, prong collars, and head halters are not allowed on the dock or in the pool.
- A change of clothes (at the very least your dog will shake on you) and either a change of shoes or water resistent foot wear.
- Dock diving season pass card or session/drop in fees in cash.
- Lawn chair
- Your own creature comforts- sunscreen, bugspray, drinking water etc.
Directions to Eromit Acres-
PLEASE NOTE – the pool and dock are located on private property. Please drive SLOWLY when you enter the drive and be watchful for pets and people. Proceed THROUGH the yard, past the kennels to the field where the pool is located. Please don’t let your dog out of the vehicle until you’ve parked near the pool and then only on leash. On your first visit, we’ll be happy to show you where to park, where you can warm up your dog, allowable areas to potty, and so on.