2018 Eromit AIRcademy Pool Schedule (see below for more details and costs)
***note that the pool is available for rental and to schedule private or small group lessons at other times as well- email email@example.com ***
More events/sessions may be added as interest allows. ALL PRACTICES RUN RAIN or SHINE except during Lightning conditions.
Pool opening (expected by June 1st- watch this page or our facebook page for updates as weather conditions allow)
Open Dock Practice- runs each wednesday evening throughout the season for dogs and handlers to practice their skills. There is no instruction during this time so come with our own training plan, though there is a pool attendant to assist as requested for holding dogs or equipment setup, etc. NOTE- dogs must have had at least an introductory lesson or seminar before they can participate (this is not learn-to-swim time, it is for practicing dock diving only). Each dog cycles through their turn doing 3-4 jumps per turn, with practice starting at 6 pm and cycling through until dark or everyone has had enough. Cost is $15 for the first dog ($10 per additional dog owned by the same family) or purchase a 10 pack punch card for $110+tax.
Weekly Lessons– Tuesdays or Thursday evenings- lesson set runs for 4 weeks and cost of $110 plus tax. Choose from “Learn to Swim”, “Beginner Dock Diving” or “Advanced Competition Skills”. Class size is limited, please contact us asap to reserve your spot.
Intro Seminars: Periodically throughout the season as demand requires, we will offer introductory seminars for those who are unable to make it to weekly lesson format. This is a 3-4 hour hands-on session for introducing the dog to the pool and the handler to the sport. DOGS MUST ALREADY KNOW HOW TO SWIM AND LOVE RETRIEVING.
Agility Open Practice– Held at the same time as our Open Dock practices, this is included in the cost for open dock practice for dogs who have already been safely introduced to agility training. If your dog has not had agility training please contact us to arrange a private lesson or seminar intro.
North America Diving Dogs competitions- New for 2018! NADD competitions will be held on June 23/24, July 14/15 and September 1/2nd. Click HERE for event details, rules, and entry forms. Compete to earn prizes, ribbons and titles (recognizable by the Canadian and American Kennel Clubs).
X-treme Air Dogs Canadian Championship – August 10-12th, 2018 Stay tuned for more details.
- Dogs entering the pool need to have appropriately trimmed nails for their own safety, and for the protection of the dock and pool. Please also ensure your dog is not shedding profusely to prevent clogging filters with dog hair.
- Forcing your dog into the pool is prohibited. Dogs must willingly enter the pool on their own. No pushing allowed!
- No food treats in the pool.
- Dogs must be kept on leash except when on the dock and in the pool. Safety is our top priority- many dogs who compete in dock diving are not dog friendly!!! Dog to dog contact is not permitted in the pool area. This is a high adrenaline sport so at least 2 leash lengths away from any other dogs is advised for safety. Please also keep your dog away from the pool while observing so as not to be a disruption to the working dog.
- Please prevent your dog from marking on the pool or on any part of the dock. Pottying in the agility field is also prohibited.
What To Bring:
- a crate for your dog for between turns, shade if required depending on weather.
- a bowl and water for your pooch (keep that athlete hydrated!)
- your dogs favorite floating toy- no real animals (dead or alive)- and nothing that will break down in the pool (food dispensing toys aren’t suitable)
- a standard leash no more than 4-6 feet long (no flexi leashes) and a flat buckle collar. Ecollars, prong collars, and head halters are not allowed on the dock or in the pool.
- A change of clothes (at the very least your dog will shake on you) and either a change of shoes or water resistent foot wear.
- Dock diving season pass card or session/drop in fees in cash.
- Lawn chair
Directions to Eromit Acres-
PLEASE NOTE – the pool and dock are located on private property. Please drive SLOWLY when you enter the drive and be watchful for pets and people. Proceed THROUGH the yard to the field where the pool is located. Please don’t let your dog out of the vehicle until you’ve parked near the pool. On your first visit, we’ll be happy to show you where to park, where you can warm up your dog, allowable areas to potty, and so on.